(Omnipod® Insulin Management System)
- Tubeless pump
- Small waterproof pods (3.9 cm x 5.2 cm x 1.45 cm) adhere to skin and communicate wirelessly to a Personal Diabetes Manager (PDM)
- Pods contain insulin and self-inserting angled cannula (hands free auto cannula insertion)
- The PDM allows for all insulin delivery programming including bolus calculator, remote bolusing, viewing of insulin-on-board, basal rate changes etc.
- Uninterrupted basal delivery if PDM is misplaced.
- FreeStyle blood glucose (BG) meter built into PDM
- Uploadable to Diasend
- We are unable to post updates on products not yet available in Canada.
- Statement from company: Insulet Corporation is an innovative medical device company based in Acton, Massachusetts, USA. The Omnipod System is a discreet and easy-to-use system that eliminates many of the issues associated with conventional pumps. Improvements include Omnipod’s lack of tubing; automated, virtually pain-free insertion; and two straightforward parts that communicate wirelessly. By breaking down the barriers to insulin pump therapy, Insulet hopes to provide both a superior treatment option and life-long health benefits for people with diabetes. Please visit www.myomnipod.ca for insulin pump selection in Canada.
- Resource Guides for Podders: https://www.myomnipod.com/en-ca/podder-support/resources-troubleshooting
- Training Videos: https://www.myomnipod.com/en-ca/podder-support/videos
- FAQs: https://www.myomnipod.com/en-ca/podder-support/frequently-asked-questions
- Important Safety Information: https://www.myomnipod.com/en-ca/safety
- Support: https://www.myomnipod.com/en-ca/podder-support
A battery change in PDM should not require a Pod change. If that is happening then likely the PDM internal lithium battery is depleted. The patient should call customer support to have PDM replaced.
- If the pod fails to pair, the Omnipod syringe may be used to attempt to withdraw insulin from the pod prior discarding.
- To silence a "screaming" pod that cannot be deactivated from the PDM, insert a paperclip into the hole on the back of the pod, on the opposite side of the cannula.
- Omnipod Canada Website
- Customer care:1.855.POD.INFO (1.855.763.4636)
- Vacation loaner requests 1-855-Pod-Info (763-4636)