Below is a list of current industry sponsored events for healthcare professionals that we've been informed of at Diabetes Centre Calgary. We cannot speak to the validity or relevance of information presented and do not accept responsibility for any aspect of these events. Health care professionals choosing to attend industry sponsored events are encouraged to use professional judgment and critically evaluate data presented. We advise health care professionals discuss attendance and/or participation at industry sponsored events with their management team if concerned about possible conflict of interest. Please note, we will delete past events.
These contain numerous educational events for diabetes educatos that may not be represented below. Please view each month's newsletter. here
- 2021-04 Diabetes Canada Calgary Professional Membership (DES) Newsletter
- 2021-05 Diabetes Canada Calgary Professional Membership (DES) Newsletter
- 2021-06 Diabetes Canada Calgary Professional Membership (DES) Newsletter
- 2021-08 Diabetes Canada Calgary Professional Membership (DES) Newsletter
Oct 18, 2021 Overlooking Lows
Oct 18, 2021, 6:15 to 7:15 Mountain Time. Webinar presented by Dr B Ajala, focusing on strategies to minimize the occurrence of severe hypoglycemia. Sponsored by Lily. For more information, click here.
IDF Virtual Congress Dec 6-11, 2021
The International Diabetes Foundation will host a global virtual event from December 6 to December 11 2021. The IDF Virtual Congress 2021 will involve the latest research on diabetes complications, a stream dedicated to COVID-19 and diabetes, a session dedicated to the centenary of insulin and the launch of the IDF Diabetes Atlas 10th Edition. Follow at this link for updates.
In Person Pump and Dexcom evenings Sep 14, 2021 to Jan 11, 2022
The Calgary area representatives for Dexcom, Medtronic, Omnipod and Tandem are available to demonstrate their technologies to interested members of the public. These open sessions occur at The Carriage House, from 6:00 to 8:00 pm, the second Tuesday of each month. See this poster for more information.
2021 Diabetes Canada Peer Connect: HCP Volunteer Speakers Needed
- Volunteer Speakers Needed for Diabetes Canada Initiative “The Peer Connect Program”
- Diabetes Canada is looking to virtually connect people with Type 1 & Type 2 Diabetes by introducing a new initiative, “The Peer Connect Program”.
- Volunteers are requested for these quarterly sessions for the public over Zoom from 7:00 - 8:45PM, following are the areas:
- To create and present a 15-minute presentation based on their topic of interest.
- To be a part of the expert panel discussions (time commitment: 30 minutes per session)
- o help facilitate the breakout sessions (time commitment: 15 minutes)
- The sessions details are as follows in 2021:
Chronic Kidney Disease in Diabetes and Integration of Diabetes Care and Management – Expert Video Series Expires 2022-05-04
No date limit: South Health Campus Wellness Centre
The South Health Campus Wellness Centre, in cooperation with the Y, offers educational programs for staff and patients. Programs include courses on emothional health, making lifestyle changes, healthy eating and more. During COVID, the programs are being offered virtually. For details, please see www.ahs.ca/shcwellness
No date limit: Sanofi sponsored learning modules
Education program on second generational basal analogues in the clinical management of type 2 diabetes. The self-learning program is comprised of 3 learning modules. Go to this website for more information: https://focusprogram.ca/
No date limit Webinar: Lifescan, Solutions to support patients beyond COVID-19
Title: "I’m scared and alone": Let’s Reveal solutions to support our patients beyond COVID-19
Duration: 59 minutes
Available On Demand
Dr. Michel Vallis, Psychologist and Janice Knapp, Diabetes Nurse Educator
- Provide a framework for understanding the psychological impact of COVID-19 and social isolation
- Review evidence-based coping strategies that help manage distress
- Provide a strategy to promote improved diabetes self-management
- Understand how to apply available technologies to pivot patients back on track.
No date limit: Lifescan Diabetes Institute Webinars
Lifescan is sponsoring a number of different educational webinars. Topics include smartphone technology for diabetes management, supporting sustained behaviour change, and many more. Webinars are recorded and can be viewed at your convenience. For more information visit: https://www.lifescandiabetesinstitute.com/webinar/technology-and-emerging-science