This page is in development and intended for use by Diabetes Centre Calgary clinicians.
Connect Care is the new provincial medical record coming to programs in the Calgary Zone starting in the Spring of 2022. The planned go-live dates for relevant programs are:
- Wave 4 (2022 May 14): ACH, PLC, Rural
- Wave 5 (2022 Nov 6): RRDTC (Diabetes Educators), RRDTC (Endocrinology), RRDTC (Bariatrics), FMC, SCHC, Alberta Kidney Care (South), Pharmacy, AHLP
- Wave 6 (Spring 2023): SHC, RGH, Lab
- Wave 8 (Spring 2024): ECHC
Staff will continue to have access to Soprano (read-only) after their site goes live, and until 1 year after the final site goes live.
If you are new to Connect Care, please refer to the topic at the bottom of the page "Some CC "How to" Items" to get started.
- Check In Basket messages first thing and several times during the day. Mentally note priority messages that need addressing. Look after messages during Admin time and if there are no-shows.
- Look at schedule for day (no link)
- Quick look at patient charts (single click to view only) (no link)
- Find and open chart
- Review chart: Referral, labs, storyboard, previous encounters, “significant events”
- Confirm or update: Physicians, visit diagnosis, problem list
- Start My Note by adding Smart Phrase
- Assess Safety Items
- Address Medications
- Address Glucose Data
- Address Lifestyle
- Finish My Note
- Complete Wrap Up
- Sign encounter
The Charting Workflow above applies to most patients. However, exceptions or additions are listed in the links below.
All DCC Smart Phrases can be found on this link. For specific headings, click below.
- Find & Open Chart: Scheduled or Unscheduled (e.g. phone)
- Create DCC standardized tab layout (no link)
- Communicate with peers and team members (no link)
- Documenting phone calls and emails (no link)
- Search for CC help topics